October 16, 2012

Recent Legends of the Five Rings pieces - Seeds of Decay

Here are three new Legends of the Five Rings pieces that I created last year. I was asked to design and illustrate and new character for the game and since it turned out to be a 20 foot tall mutated samurai I took on the challenge. Hida Kaiji needed to be big and mutated, but still needed to retain some of his humanity... he also gets to wield a tetsubo that is pretty much just a tree trunk, and that is pretty cool. Here is how they turned out...

Hida Kaiji
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group

Ruthless Onslaught
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group

Determined Challenge
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group

This set had a super limited early release at Gen Con this year and I was able to see some of my cards in person when folks brought them by for me to sign. I am still waiting to have all three in hand but thanks to the internet we can see how the cards turned out...




2 comments: